3 days per week (you select your days you wish to work)
All 3 shifts available
Base Pay: $10.20/hr.
Premiums: Day shift – $0/hr.
Afternoon shift – $2/hr.
Night shift – $4/hr.
Weekend – $1/hr.
- Read vehicle test plans and follow written and/or verbal test procedures
- Follow safe work practices and safely operate a motor vehicle
- Write notes and official documentation related to the test
- Develop thorough knowledge of facility operating guidelines
- Communicate to control tower operations through a hand-held radio
*TRC Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and is willing to make a change or adjustment to a job or work environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of a particular job.
**Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Other Duties and Responsibilities (Non-Essential Functions)
- Drive speeds up to 125 mph
- Record achievement of required test miles or cycles per shift
- Operate passenger vehicles over rough roads
- Operate straight trucks and motor homes
- Assist customers in person on site visits and over the phone
- Ability to train other test drivers
- Support TRC Inc.’s Quality and EH&S (Environmental, Health, and Safety) efforts
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- Must be minimum 18 years old
- Minimum of two years valid driving experience
- Able to follow written and verbal directions given by the supervisor or customer
- High school diploma or GED required
- Less than six points and/or three moving violations on driving record within last three years
- Legible handwriting
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to pass a DOT Physical
- Most Not Already work 40 hours a week
- Due to safety reasons you cannot work more than 6 days a week or more than 10 hours in a day.
- We can only allow 10 hours a day with another job and no more than 6 working days a week
- May be exposed to temperatures below 0 degrees and above 95 degrees
- May be exposed to inclement weather
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, such as gas and oil
- Majority of time spent inside of a motor vehicle
- Ability to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to drive for long periods of time on bumps and rough roads resulting in persistent vibration, jarring, and uneven impact to the back, neck, shoulders, arms, and hands for an extended period of time
- Capable of positioning one’s self into bending, stretching, climbing, or awkward positions
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers
- Ability to enter work times into a computer
- Able to speak and hear through a hand-held radio
Transportation Research Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer