The Project Analyst position is a finance and accounting partner to the project and operations teams as they prepare for, execute and close projects. The position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, reviewing quotes and expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
- Ensure accuracy of project accounts in the accounting system through maintaining project-related records, including charges, change orders, credit applications, and other required forms
- Participate in vendor/supplier management process by reviewing and approving supplier invoices related to a project, and by adding project related purchases to the accounting system
- Review internal costs and controls such as time, material, facility and use entries and charges
- Support project invoicing function by reviewing projects and investigating all billed and unbilled project expenses.
- Assist project management and accounts receivable functions by authorizing the corrections for all project-related accounts using credit memo requests and job cost adjustment requests and with the collection of unpaid invoices
- Lead project profitability review function by analyzing and reporting on price, cost, operational efficiencies, billing and process opportunities
*TRC, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and is willing to make a change or adjustment to a job or work environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of a particular job.
**Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign and reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Other Duties and Responsibilities (Non-Essential Functions)
- Assist with the month end close process, the annual budget preparation process, and the annual external audit on an as needed basis.
- Assist with the preparation of any or all non-standard Management reporting requests
- Recommend the write-off of any project-related billings that cannot be invoiced to or collected from customers
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business- related field.
- Minimum two years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Thorough understanding of basic office systems and software, with an intermediate to expert skill level in both Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Standard office, climate controlled environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers
Transportation Research Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer