Can perform diverse and complex technical assignments. Performs set-up, testing, fabrication and supporting calculations and may conduct moderate analysis. Compiles and organizes technical data. May prepare reports and make recommendations. Maintains and is able to troubleshoot test equipment in respective area. Fully proficient in usage of equipment and machinery. May identify and resolve routine and moderately complex problems. Plans activities within specific guidelines to meet deadlines. Normally receives little or no instruction on routine activities and receives general instruction on new assignments. Must have 8+ years closely related experience or related associates degree and 6+ years experience.
- Mechanical/Electrical – Component removal, replacement, and modification; troubleshooting
- Testing – Operation and maintenance of data acquisition systems; test preparation, setup, tear down, and general support
- Documentation – Collection and organization of test data; maintenance and correction of test procedures
- Equipment Maintenance – Coordination of general schedule; inspection and maintenance of all equipment
*TRC Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and is willing to make a change or adjustment to a job or work environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of a particular job.
**Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Other Duties and Responsibilities (Non-Essential Functions)
- Create accurate project reports
- Maintain property equipment in good condition
- Document, report, and maintain test data and procedures properly
- Mechanical/electrical support in testing vehicles and components
- Complete customer support in a timely, error-free and competitive manner
- Assemble or construct simple parts or equipment
- Operate equipment after training
- Follow safety procedures; wear protective equipment including safety glasses and steel-toed shoes
- Support TRC Inc.’s Quality and EH&S (Environmental, Health, and Safety) efforts
- Willing to travel for up to two weeks at a time
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Willing to work overtime on short notice
- Excellent communication skills including interacting with customers
- Strong mechanical and/or electrical skills
- May be exposed to temperatures below 0 degrees and above 95 degrees
- May be exposed to inclement weather
- Standard laboratory environment
- Some travel is required
- All tools and Equipment provided
- Full benefits package medical, dental, vision, 401K, lots of paid time off, safety gear reimbursement.
- Hourly pay not shop rate.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Tuition assistance for continuing education
- Safety allowance
- Life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Ability to move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Capable of positioning one’s self into bending, stretching, climbing, or awkward positions