The Financial Analyst is responsible for financial planning, analysis and projections for the company by collecting, monitoring and studying data, providing standardized reporting and recommending actions to the organization.
- Determine cost of operations by establishing standard costs and collecting operational data.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management.
- Develop and prepare accounting and other required reports and projections.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements especially in the area of reporting.
- Coordinating the finance team and others to review financial information and forecasts.
- Provide financial models and forecasting.
*TRC, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and is willing to make a change or adjustment to a job or work environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of a particular job.
**Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign and reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Other Duties and Responsibilities (Non-Essential Functions)
- Assist with the month end close process, the annual budget preparation process, and the annual external audit on an as needed basis.
- Provide significant support establishing system processes and training for Epicor.
- Assist with the preparation of any or all non-standard Management reporting requests.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
- Assist with the development of a standardized forecasting process.
- Assist with long-term projections.
- Assist with Business Case modeling and analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum two years’ relevant experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Thorough understanding of basic office systems and software, with an intermediate to expert skill level in both Microsoft Word and Excel.
- ERP and SQL Experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Standard office, climate controlled environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers
Transportation Research Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer