The Information Technology Director provides strategic direction and oversight of TRC’s IT infrastructure by working closely with senior management researching and implementing advanced technologies and system solutions to support TRC’s goals and growth initiatives.
- Collaborate with leadership and other stakeholders to create a strategic IT vision for TRC addressing the IT infrastructure in maintaining technological relevance, tools, security, training, and adaptation of policy accordingly.
- Understand TRC’s business strategies and challenges; generate potential system solution concepts to those challenges; identify appropriate tools and approaches to address those systemic challenges; structure projects to deliver tangible improvements; lead or oversee project execution and be accountable for quality, timeliness, and business impact of results.
- Oversee the system administration of TRC’s business systems and the ongoing relationship with third-party partners.
- Provide leadership to the IT staff and continuously develop their technical competency and professional development.
- Build and maintain an IT security and control structure to eliminate TRC’s risk of data loss and vulnerability to unauthorized access.
- Responsible for the company policies, implementation of system data back up, and restoration.
*TRC Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and is willing to make a change or adjustment to a job or work environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of a particular job.
**Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Other Duties and Responsibilities (Non-Essential Functions)
- Responsible for procuring, installing, and maintaining all computer hardware and software and all other products and supplies necessary to keep computer systems operable.
- Create, maintain, and enforce written policies and procedures regarding all computer operations in the IT Department.
- Maintain databases and libraries, including systems security functions and designs, and maintains system documentation according to applicable policy and standards.
- Supervise the technical support function, LAN services, voice/data communications, IBM I Series consultant and Epicor implementation partner.
- Compile and review records to determine department productivity, quality of output, and cost of service.
- Perform all functions of personnel management of department employees.
- Write department annual budgets and administer funds according to budget approval.
- Support TRC Inc.’s Quality and EH&S (Environmental, Health, and Safety) efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, or related field required.
- Five years of IT experience, plus an additional two years in a supervisory role in a high-level midrange and multi-site network administration environment and connectivity of both.
- ERP system administration experience required. Certifications in currently used software applications preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills in an IT environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Complex problem solving/analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Standard office, climate controlled environment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Capable of positioning one’s self into bending, stretching, climbing, or awkward positions.
Transportation Research Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer