• BS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Controls Engineering.
• 1-5 years of related engineering experience in validation of vehicle control systems and related development processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication are extremely important due to the complexity of the systems integration
• Hands-on mechanical ability to disassemble various components on prototype vehicles.
• Ideal candidate will possess a good understanding of vehicle dynamics, such as steering, braking, and acceleration.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Vector CAN tools.
• Valid U.S. driver’s license required.
• Able to apply engineering principles, experiences and various analysis tools to develop test plans and procedures to test components to determine design feasibility and ensure components meet design acceptance criteria, performance level targets, and any applicable regulatory/internal standards.
• Coordinate test specifications and standards.
• Create test plans and coordinate scheduling of tests.
• Prepare test equipment and prototype vehicle for testing.
• Conduct moderately complex validation on prototype vehicles.
• Analyze test results and perform root cause analysis for test failure.
• Troubleshoot systematic issues, and make proposals to solve problems..
• Organize review meetings for development stages.
• Document and present test results in clearly written reports/presentations.
• Travel international or domestic to visit various proving grounds and engineering offices.